Worst Remedies For Bad Breath
Listed below are things you should really try to avoid when dealing with Bad Breath.
1. Intestinal cleansing methods: Bad breath is not the stomach or intestine. It originates in the mouth. Cleaning the pipes can be good for general health, but do not expect to eliminate bad breath by doing this.
2. Chewing snuff: Smokeless snuff and chewing tobacco is a health hazard and causes dissolving of the gum’s and increases the chances of losing the material to hold teeth firmly in the mouth, and worst of all causes oral cancer. Avoid chewing tobacco all costs.
3. Breath mints and sprays: A wonderful aroma in the mouth are not an indication of a healthy mouth. Using mints and sprays to temporarily hide your bad breath, will give a real treat for the bad bacteria that will greatly aggravate the problem.
4. Tongue piercing: As with any wound on your body, tongue piercing creates an entry-point for bacteria, and that has the potential to worsen your problem considerably! If you think “ordinary” bad breath is bad, imagine what it will be like if you have a smelly infection in your tongue as well!
5. Mouthwash: Use this at your own risk. Many of the mouthwashes contain very high levels of alcohol which can actually WORSEN bad breath!
6. Brushing teeth with soap or cleansers: Incredible as it may seem, people have tried to brush their teeth with a detergent, bleach and other cleaning products! Thinking that if these things do a good job of cleaning their homes, maybe they will do a good job of cleaning their teeth. But many of these products are toxic and sometimes fatal. They should never (ever) be put in the mouth!
7. Alcoholic Beverages such as Vodka, martinis, or whiskey: Alcohol is a drying agent, and will further accelerate the problem by making your mouth very dry (which results in accelerated growth of bad bacteria).
8. Chewing gum: Chewing gum does promote salivary juice flow, but only covers up bad breath. Try drinking water throughout the day as this will keep you in good health as well.Mail this post
Filed under: Worst Remedies For Bad Breath
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!